Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Reluctant Vegans

I just told my future-chef students at The Culinary Institute of America that they must prepare AND eat a vegan meal by next Wednesday, Jan 13. Absolutely no butter, cheese, eggs, chicken stock or any other animal product can be included.  I think some of them are now bingeing on beef and butter in anticipation of this project. Telling culinary students to give up their beloved meat, butter and eggs is unthinkable for many chefs. 

I'm an animal lover.  If they are not my pet then I want them on my plate. So why do I insist my students experience a vegan meal?  That's a longer story. I'll fill you in after I finish my tofu curry for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to hear what your students made and what you thought was the best dish..(recipe please)...

    ReplyDelete